Open Tuesday-Saturday / 10 am to 5 pm (631) 324-1370
The LVIS Thrift Shop first opened in the 1950’s and continues to be the area’s best source for gently used items. Revenue from this shop
provides major funding for LVIS projects which range from care of East Hampton trees to our ambitious scholarship program.
Help us by donating your clothing and household items and do stop by at 95 Main Street to see what bargains you can find. Also, visit our barn full of furniture!
When, What and How to Donate
Donations are accepted Tuesday – Saturday from 10 – 3:30
We accept the following:
- Clothing for men and women of all ages and sizes
- Designer labels
- Belts, scarves, shoes
- Decorative home furnishings
- Dishes, vases and linens
- Lamps and telephones
- Fishing Rods
- Bed frames (no mattresses), dressers, coffee tables, chairs, other furniture
We cannot accept the following:
- Electric blankets, heating pads and mattresses.
- Guns, knives (except kitchenware) and other hunting equipment.
- Please note we will accept fishing rods.
If you have a donation, please help us in the following ways:
- Ensure items are clean and in good condition.
- Please separate items between clothing and household uses, and, if possible, separate and label men’s, women’s and children’s clothing.
- CONTACT US IN ADVANCE at (631) 324-1370 to donate furniture, which must be previewed. The LVIS is not always able to incur delivery costs.
We can recommend reliable and inexpensive movers, who can assist you (delivery cost is deductible to the donor). The LVIS will provide receipts
for tax purposes.