For Bargain Box (For Bargain Books & Furniture Barn, Scroll Down)
When, What and How to Donate
The LVIS accepts donations from Tuesday-Saturday, 10 am to 3:30 pm.
We accept the following:
- Clothing for men and women all ages and sizes
- Designer labels
- Belts, scarves, shoes
- Decorative home furnishings
- Dishes, vases and linens
- Lamps, and telephones
- Fishing Rods
- Bed frames (no mattresses), dressers, coffee tables , chairs, other furniture
We cannot accept the following:
- Electric blankets, heating pads and mattresses.
- Guns, knives (except kitchenware) and other hunting equipment. Please note we will accept fishing rods.
If you have a donation, please help us in the following ways:
- Ensure items are clean and in good condition.
- Please separate items between clothing and household uses, and, if possible, separate and label men’s and women’s clothing.
- CONTACT US IN ADVANCE at (631) 324-1370 to donate furniture, which must be previewed. The LVIS is not always able to incur
delivery costs. We can recommend reliable and inexpensive movers, who can assist you (delivery cost is deductible to the donor).
The LVIS will provide receipts for tax purposes.
Donations To Bargain Books:
Bagged or boxed donations of clean books in good condition are accepted when the store is open.